Elji and the Galrass (The Essence Sagas Book 1) - Colin Sinclair


Closing the tour today, I'm featuring an extract which I hope will entice you...

Blurb
Elji, a boy from a village outside the city of Mehem discovers a "Galrass" a tool usually wielded only by those who understand its power. Perhaps it was left for him to find or perhaps it was just a random happening?

The Galrass embroils him in a struggle he never expected to be part of or even imagined existed. Dregar, a being from a different planet and galaxy ‘feels’ the boys interruption of the universal essence and takes him under his wing and so his journey begins. 

Friendships are made and lost and many lives must be put in danger to usher the civilization into its rightful place among the Universal essence. Will Elji fulfill his potential and help save his world or will it fall into darkness?  

Buy Link
https://amzn.to/2P6PN34


Time to start

Elji and Talisha came back to the gathering, and it was as if no one had even noticed them leaving—they were still eating and enjoying each other’s company. As they walked in Dregar looked up and smiled. He turned to Amaran and whispered to him in order to get his attention. Amaran leaned in, then looked up. A smile also appeared on his face. Elji and Talisha walked over to them.
“I see that Talisha has been looking after you?” said Dregar. “You seem to be more than you were when you left.” He laughed, then stood and took Elji first by the hand, and then embraced him. “I wasn’t sure what might happen, but I see you chose a path that brought you back to us.”
“Yes,” said Elji. “Did you know of this and what might be?”
“No,” said Dregar. “But I long ago ceased to be amazed at what can happen. I did know that coming here would lead you to a choice. I didn’t know what those choices might be, and indeed I still don’t, but judging by your current appearance, I guess that you have made a decision that has set you on a path that will help us all in the end. These people, as I told you before, have no malice in them, and their only need is to embrace the good and help it to flourish. That is why they nurture and are able to utilize the power that creates the galrass. The universe would not allow it any other way.”
Shamshar spoke then. “I see that something has grown between you and my daughter—there is a change in her also. I can feel it. She has become part of something greater than herself, and for that I am grateful. Each of us, if we are lucky enough, gets to embrace something that has come from the purity of the essence. It seems to me that she has found that something.”
“Thank you, Father,” said Talisha. “I was not expecting this either, but as you say, we are bound by what we are, and what we are is not always what we expect.” She smiled at him and they also embraced. “You know I have to go with him?”
“Yes,” Shamshar said. “I know that this will now be your path, and I can only rejoice that you have found such a connection. It is, as you know, not always our fate to reach such a state, though we all hope that someday it will come. I guess it calls for some kind of celebration? Dregar, do we have time? I would like at least to acknowledge that my daughter has found what she is, and for us all to share in that finding.”
“Shamshar,” said Dregar. “You know as well as I do that such things will be what they will be. The fact that this has occurred means that we have the time. And in any case, we can manage that process, can’t we?”
Shamshar stood. “My people, hear me.” Silence fell across all the people that were gathered, and indeed across the whole community. “My daughter Talisha, has found one that begins to make her whole with the universe. She has discovered that thing which few of us are lucky enough to experience. She has become whole with the essence by combining herself with another. She must leave us now and go on her journey to accomplish all that she can, but before she does we will embrace them with everything we have.”
He stopped talking and bowed his head. As he did he started to let out a note so low that Elji felt it would rumble through the ground. Others joined in with the tonal chant, and it built to a sound so magical it flowed through every being. Just as Elji thought it could go no further, the alhitan joined in, adding a further layer of harmony that seemed impossible. With their joining, the luminescence all around them began to rise and turn in toward each other and spiral into a cone, and kept going till it was above both Elji and Talisha. It continued to rise and rise—it was magical. A crescendo of sound and sight was reached, and then the tonal chant ceased and the luminescence descended onto Elji and Talisha in a slow shower of pure rapture.
They both stood and allowed themselves to be enveloped by the moment. People walked towards them, and each one touched them as if to gather a part of the magic for themselves.
Finally Dregar approached. “Now we are ready,” he said. “Let’s go and do what we must do.”